This past Tuesday I taught a local class about using essential oils for the summer. Since we aren’t all geographically connected, I wanted to share here too. I’d hate for you all to miss this great information! It must be set free!
These are the oils and products that I focused on for the class….my favorite summer products. There are a ton more. OK, basically ALL of them on the product list are great. I love my oils.
1. Lavender. Lavender is great all seasons of the year, but is especially for summer because it promotes both healthy skin and relaxing. So when my kids have been swimming all day I can kill 2 birds with one stone by putting some diluted lavender (or there’s a lavender lotion that’s wonderful!) on their skin which also settles them down from the excitement of the day. Then they go to sleep. Sweet sleep….you are our friend.
2. Citrus Oils….all of them! Lemon, Orange, Tangerine, Grapefruit, Lime, Citrus Fresh….they are all so summery and refreshing! I put one of these in my diffuser almost every morning to wake us all UP and get us going (sometimes I mix a few together!). Even though we do have a slower pace in the summer, we prob’ly need to wake up at some point. (Be careful putting citrus oils on your skin if you are going in the sun. I like to keep them in the diffuser for a pick-me-up but I keep them off of my skin in the summer).
3. Peppermint. Yep, this is my GO-TO travel oil. I need to make a label for my bottle that says, “Don’t leave home without me!” It’s great for digestive health and mental alertness. With so much traveling all summer….get yourself an extra bottle of peppermint for the road!
4. Valor II. Yes, I said it! Young Living heard my cries and made a new Valor that will be more readily available. I love Valor so much that I am chomping at the bit to get the new Valor II into my anxious little hands. I ordered it on Monday and you can be sure I will be telling you all about it. I’m pretty sure Valor is a gift of the angels. Go order Valor II NOW! You’ll thank me later.
(Look all the way to the bottom of this post to see how you can WIN a bottle of this new oil!!!)
5. Bergamot + Fun. These 2 oils have become my 2015 fave summer combo. I always need to chill out and remember to enjoy my time with my family after a long, hard year. Bergamot helps with lots of things, but I’ve used it to deal with grief (it can be any loss…we grieve lots of things) and Fun is from the new Infused 7 Kit (but you can also get it separately) and I put it on my wrist every morning to help remind me to have a little FUN amidst the work of life. Try them….you’ll like them!
6. Purification. What Thieves is to winter, Purification is to summer. If you learn anything from me today, let it be to get yourself a bottle of Purification! Put it in the diffuser outside when you’re sitting around after the sun starts to set. Put in in the diffuser inside when the kids get stinky. Dab it on yourself and anyone else who is standing near you if you’re going outside. I keep it in a spray bottle with some water and just s-p-r-i-t-z everyone. The main ingredient: Citronella.
7. PanAway. I don’t know about you, but we tend to be extra active in the summer. We run a lot and play outdoor games and even a game of ping pong played with passion can make your muscles wonder what’s going on. I keep PanAway nearby so we can keep our active muscles happy. (by the way, PanAway, along with 10 other oils comes with the Premium Starter Kit!)
8. K&B. This is not an essential oil, but one of Young Living’s other A-MAZing support products. I generally struggle to stay hydrated in the summer and my bladder and kidneys need support through the heat and it enhances your body’s efforts to maintain fluid balance. So I keep this amazing little tincture on hand at all times. Just add a dropperful to your water. It’s not delicious, but isn’t so bad that it’s hard to get down. I’m a weenie when it comes to bad tasting stuff and I don’t mind it.
9. Melaleuca (aka Tea Tree). Again….it’s multi-purpose. Keep the counters clean, deodorize the bathroom and dab around areas on the skin that you need to keep extra clean. If you’re not sure what oils to use, you can’t go wrong with Melaleuca.
10. Finally, my gentle giant, Envision. I discovered this oil when Valor went out of stock and it has turned out to be so helpful! I often need a little nudge in the clear-head-be-inspired department and this baby has blessed me. I like it so much that I got a second bottle to keep in my car or purse. When I am out and about during the day I put a drop in my hand and rub it on my neck like a perfume. It has a lighter scent than many oils and it is what I’ll be diffusing later in the summer while we make plans for the next school year.
Well I hope this list gave you some new ideas for ways to use your Young Living oils for the summer! If you have a favorite that I didn’t list, be sure to tell us all about it in the comments. We can all learn from each other!
And if you’re ready to get started using Young Living oils I would LOVE to be your support! I have a whole team that I work with and we will help you along so you’re not lost. When you join with the purchase of a Premium Starter Kit I will send you a great reference book and some extra goodies to get you going. You will LOVE your oils!!!
By the way, I am not a doctor or an expert in anything but raising my family and share these tips using only my personal experience. If you have a medical need, please see your own medical professional for advice.