This post contains affiliate links.
If you’ve been following me for any length of time then you know that I started exercising about a year and a half ago. I go for a run every morning and have been surprised at how easy it really is. And that is coming from a woman who truly thought she would never, ever be able to stick with daily exercising. OK, I thought I would never even start it in the first place…forget sticking with it.
Today on my YouTube channel I share some of my tips for getting your workout done daily and I talk about some of my favorite products. I am going to give you links here to what I use, but honestly there are probably a lot of great products that are similar. My real message is just to equip yourself and get moving!
1. UP by Jawbone - I like that it wakes me up and that it keeps track of my steps. BUT I just got a new band called the Pebble Smartwatch. I like that it also is a watch and I can look at my steps throughout the day. So it just depends on what you want.
3. Essential Oils – I put on oils every day before I go out. I use Valor and some kind of pick-me-up like peppermint or lemon. Then I also put on an oils that will help with something specific I am dealing with. Lately I have been using bergamot because it is supposed to help with grief.
4. Led Armband - so the cars that drive past can see me as the mornings get darker and darker.
5. Earbuds -Yurbuds and my very favorite earbuds. I love them so much. I can’t imagine not having my music when I exercise.
Oh and speaking of music, be sure to check out my workout playlists!
6. OtterBox - I love my Otterbox for keeping my phone safe while I run. I take it off and put it back on every morning. I like to use a wallet style case for the rest of the day.
7. Wrap Sunglasses - It was a great day when I discovered that there are sunglasses made especially for people who are active. They don’t fall off and they are super lightweight.
I get most of my workout clothes at Target. I don’t have anything fancy, just simple and easy to throw on and go.
I really, really hope you will get up and start taking care of yourself. I want to say that I rarely wake up and think, “Hooray! I get to go workout now!” I have to make myself do it. I pre-decide not to let myself use lame excuses to skip it by only letting myself miss if there’s a time restraint (like I have to leave the house before 8:00). I even did a short walk everyday last winter when I was sick. I think it helped me get better more quickly.
I know you can find a way, even if you don’t have a road to walk on, to get some exercise. You can do a DVD (here’s my favorite!) or dance around for 15 minutes. Do it for your health….you are worth it!
Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel for weekly videos of encouragement!