OK, it’s confession time.
Over the past month my diet plan has slowly slipped and for the past couple of weeks I have felt myself spiral out of control. I went a year and a half doing great then I had a life crisis and felt myself falling down a rabbit hole so deep that I couldn’t find my way out. And at the bottom was a bowl of chips and guacamole that said, “Eat Me.”
And I did.
It started early in the month with eating sugar. I let myself to have a few “treats” over the holidays and I instantly craved more. And I have felt so low emotionally that I let myself eat more and more. I noticed my mood getting worse. I was fussy and grumpy and that led to not wanting to exercise. So I took a shorter walk in the mornings and then a few days off here and there.
But what’s weird is then I stopped caring about other things. My money, my sleep patterns, my time with the kids….all started to get less structured until here I am…..feeling defeated.
And that is where God steps in. He inspires me. He motivates me. He reminds me that even though I fail, I can get right back up and back to where I want to be.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.”
So I woke up this morning and took my normal, fast-paced, long walk. I ate my no-carb breakfast and I prepped my food for the rest of the day. I’ve set aside a time to gather my receipts from the last month and get my money in order, then clean my closet and bathroom to help me feel back to normal. The messiness of it all weighs me down.
One thing I am not going to do is wait for three more days just because it’s almost the new year. Why should I wait? I need to love myself enough to do it right now.
If you’re ready to get going to a new start to wellness and self-control…..join me. I’d love to walk side-by-side with you as we do this together. (and let me know if you want to be added to my Facebook group for women who support each other!)
1. I’m going back on my strict diet. I really liked it once I got used to it. I just have to get through a few hard days then I will be back on track.
2. I am going to push myself with my exercise again. Run a little harder and do some other core strengthening workouts a few days a week.
3. I will keep my area clean. Once I get my bathroom straight I will stop using it as a dumping ground.
4. I will keep track of my spending and stick to my budget.
5. I will drink my goal amount of water each day.
6. I will focus on spending quality time with my kids every day (not just meals and chores and school).
7. I will get back to spending at least half an hour (usually at the beginning of my morning walk) in focused prayer.
8. No more “cheats” for the next month. No sugar. None.
9. Sleep. I really need to get some sleep. So I will focus on using the essential oils that help me and I will make sleep a priority. Even if that means sacrificing other fun things I want to do.
10. Set specific goals. Not just “I’ll do better” but “lose 8 pounds this month” and make a plan to get there.
This Alice is going to find her way out of Wonderland and back to reality.
Follow me on Facebook!