This post contains affiliate links.
Are you a reader? I love a crisp afternoon in my hammock with a good book! Crisp is my favorite temperature. If you like warm, then you can put your hammock closer to the equator. Either way, it’s really about the book!
I have 2 book piles in my bedroom right next to each other. One is for books I am waiting to read and the other is books I recently finished reading. I like to keep the recently finished books nearby so I can refer back to them or loan them out. Books are meant to be loved and shared!
Rabbit trail: That’s one thing I don’t like about the Kindle or digital audiobooks. They’re super convenient, especially with all of the traveling I do, but they are not very sharable. But if I didn’t have audiobooks I would not get nearly as much “reading” done, so it’s a tradeoff.
Most of the books in my waiting-to-read pile are either something that came highly recommended or books my friends wrote. I have a lot of brilliant friends who write incredible books. So I thought I’d share some of them as a recommendation from me to you to add to your own waiting-to-read pile! I have read all of the books on this list and loved them, plus I do actually know fer realz these authors (well, a few of them have 2 authors and I only know one author from each of those books). Like, I have met these gals in person and most I’ve talked with on the phone like teenagers do. This isn’t like my relationship with Lysa Terkeurst where I think she’s my friend but she doesn’t know I exist. These are my peeps.
Another cool thing is these are all recently released, so they’re fresh off the printing press. You could be the first in your circles to read them and share. Your friends will think you’re so cool to know the latest and greatest. They would make wonderful gift ideas too! Baby showers, birthdays, Mother’s Day, any old day you want to bless someone!
- Planted with Hope by Tricia Goyer and Sherry Gore. This sweet book is second in The Pinecraft Pie Shop series and it’s a darling story of friendship and community. Get the first book too….reading them is like a nice, little vacation.
- Pressing Pause by Ruth Schwenk and Karen Ehman. I just got this book and flipped through it and love the simplicity of it. If you’re thinking you don’t have time to read a whole book, pick this up and just do a chapter at a time. Each chapter is just 2-3 pages and very encouraging!
- The Unhurried Homeschooler by Durenda Wilson. This short, simple read will be just the reminder you need to keep going. Even if you’re not a homeschooler you can get a boost of strength from the book. It’s like having coffee with a trusted friend.
- Triggers by Amber Lia and Wendy Speake. I’ve mentioned this book to you before, and it’s worth adding to your list….especially if you struggle with angry responses. I read this before it came out and was absolutely inspired by how many women this book was going to help!
- Raising Uncommon Kids by Sami Cone. This is a great book focusing on how we model behavior for our kids….grounded in Scripture and very practical. I loved it!
- Mama Needs a Do-Over by ME! OK, so I don’t have this one in any of my piles, but I want to remind you that it’s available at most booksellers. We all need a way to hit the reset button every once in a while. I know you’ll enjoy it!
And because I truly believe all of these books are amazing and worth adding to your library….I asked each of these friends to give me one of their books to add to a bundle so I can give them to YOU! And they’re all so kind and generous they agreed without hesitation. I’ll even toss in my favorite essential oil starter guide for fun. That makes this bundle valued at over $70!!!
Enter below to win over $70 worth of great reading material!
I hope you win!