This post contains affiliate links.
I love a well filled stocking. In fact, the stockings are really my favorite part of the gifts. That’s where I can give small, personal, fun gifts. This year we are only doing stockings and no gifts under the tree. It’s sweet and simple and special!
But with so many stockings to fill it’s hard to find fresh things to stuff them with each year. I searched high and low to find the best ideas and I knew you would need some of these ideas too. We moms gotta stick together! I like to add a couple of “nicer” things then fill the rest with favorite snacks. I don’t just buy a bag of candy and dump it in all of them. I find special food for each one.
Now, before I continue, if you are one of my children or children-in-law DO NOT read any further.
- Tile Mate – These little gadgets help you find lost items like phones or keys. I got some last year and I have loved being able to just press the button when I can’t find my phone. You can save by getting g a 4-pack and putting them in 4 different stockings.
- CarbonKlean ScreenKlean – This is another thin g someone gave me last year and I LOVE IT! It gets my screens so clean, like new, with one swipe. And you can get different colors so each person has their own special one.
- FujiMax Instant Camera – I’ve had on e of these for about a year and I have a sweet collection of pictures printed out. You can do so many things with these cute pics! they’re great for sending to friends and family. The teens love them!
- Fun Socks – One of my boys is especially crazy about fun socks. He wears them mismatched and wild colors and styles. A few pair in his stocking will make him happy. Now that he’s so in to it we notice men wearing them too….they sit down in their business suit and they have on bright socks.
- Mineral Makeup + Brushes – The new Young Living line of makeup is called Savvy Minerals and I LOVE IT! All of my girls want some so I will be slipping a couple of things in each of their stockings. And don’t forget to get the brushes too….they make all the difference in application! (Since these are a Young Living product you have to be a member of YL to order, so go sign up and get started! If you just want the makeup you can do the $40 membership and then order for yourself at wholesale prices)
- Diffuser Necklace – You can give a girl this lovely necklace and the bottle of StressAway that came in your YL membership. It’s a terrific way to smell good and keep calm. I recommend the necklaces to all my oily friends! 😉
- Cartman Tool Set – As we’ve helped each of our kids move out we get to their new place and they have no tools! We will need a screwdriver of hammer or box cutter and they have nothing. So this gift is for my sanity when I go to visit and they ask me to help hang pictures or fix a broken drawer.
- Phone Charger and Lightening Cable – If your kids have phones or ipods they need chargers. I don’t know what happen s to them, but one day they will start asking to borrow mine and when I try to figure out where theirs went it’s a mystery. So adding one to everyone’s stocking just makes all of our lives easier. I’ll get each one a different color so we can tell whose is whose.
- Yurbuds – another thing that breaks or goes missing fairly often are earbuds. My boys go through the cheap ones so quickly I’m not sure it really saves us money. I love the way Yurbuds stay in your ear and they come in different colors so I’ll be adding a pair to each stocking.
- Stainless Steel Tumbler – I carry mine with my everywhere I go. Just ask anyone who has seen my this past year….I am sure I had it either in my hand or nearby. It helps me stay hydrated and because it’s stainless steel I can add my oils to my water (only add oils to stainless steel or glass). All of my kids have them and I will get the in-law kids one this year so they can be officially in the family. I also buy the spill-proof lids to go with them!
- External Battery – The one I’m recommending is the exact one I use. It can charge 4 devices and doesn’t matter if they’re apple or any brand as long as they can use a USB cord. My kids lose battery on their devices during the day and this charger would be a great solution for them to keep doing their activities and still have their music or calculator or clock or whatever they need it for. I’ll add a really short cord to the gift so they can easily keep it all together.
- Gift Cards – It’s fun to choose your own things so gift cards are great for the stockings! Chick-fil-A, iTunes, Walmart, their favorite fast food spot, whatever they like. I go to those huge displays of gift cards in almost every store nowadays and pick a few.
- Books – My kids all love books. So for the past few months I’ve been keeping my ears open for any hint of books they want. I will try to add one book to each stocking.
- Concert or Theater Tickets – I have been watching for concerts or plays to come to our area that each child would like. Since I don’t have the tickets yet (I bought them but can’t print until closer to the event) I will make a fun ticket with my Cricut and put it in the stocking.
- Lego Tape – This is a fun addition to those Lego Brick loving kids. You can tape it to the wall or a headboard or wherever you might want to hang a Lego creation.
- Tumblestix – For your fidgety kid (I have several!) this is the newest fidget toy. It flips around on the table and you can try to get it to land in an upright position or just pass it from hand to hand. I expect this to be driving me crazy by New Year’s Eve.
- Personal Diffuser – My kids like to have the diffuser sitting near them when we are studying or working on school. So why not give them their OWN small diffuser that runs on batteries and they can put whatever oils they prefer in? Nice!
- Command Hooks – My kids love to hang things but we (or their landlord if they don’t live at home anymore) don’t like too many holes in the walls. So these hooks are perfect. One daughter uses them to hang strings of lights in her room and one of my boys uses them to display his “artwork”.
- Games – We are a game loving bunch so a new one is fun for everyone. I look for games they would like to play with their friends so it’s personal to them. Two that we love are Wits and Wagers and The Game of Things.
- Their Own Oils – You would be surprised at how much my kids like having their own bottle of Young Living oil. I choose whichever is their favorite….lavender, lemon, one of my kids LOVES Purification. It’s a gift that keeps on giving as they use it throughout the year! You could order the Premium Starter Kit for yourself and give them one of the oils from it. That would give you a little present too (who doesn’t want a new diffuser and extra oils?!). If you’re not a member yet, Get Going!
We like to open the stockings slowly, each person enjoying their small gifts and we stop and talk and eat and stretch it out to last all morning. It’s our favorite family tradition. 🙂 Do you have a gift tradition you’d like to share? Hop over to my Facebook page and tell us all about it!