(I am an Invisalign MAB member and one of my sons is receiving complimentary treatment but all opinions completely my own!)
If you’ve been following our Invisalign journey, you know we have 2 boys in aligners now. We are so happy with the entire process and I thought I’d share with you some of our favorite things about Invisalign.
1. It’s SO easy! Like, SUPER easy! The boys wear them all of the time unless they’re eating, so we just keep their cases in the dining room (I made little buckets for their cases you can see here) and they just take the aligners out for meals and keep them in and the rest of the day it’s a no brainer.
2. It brings us together. I know, this sounds weird but we really do enjoy the time spent together going to the orthodontist and finding clever ways to store the aligner trays and just working together on this very cool project of straightening their teeth and watching their smile change.
3. They learn responsibility. There is a level of responsibility to this and the boys have really stepped up and taken charge. They have to take care of these aligners and they understand the importance of that. It wasn’t immediate, but over time it’s been less of a mom-job and they have shown maturity in this area. Oh how I love watching my boys become men!
4. Less Ortho visits. As much as we enjoy the time together, I also love that I don’t have to go as often as I did with my kids in traditional braces.
5. Easy teeth brushing. Being able to remove them makes teeth brushing so easy. There are no wires to work around or brackets in the way. I have also noticed that the boys are more consistent with their teeth brushing. They like to be clean before putting the trays back in so they are brushing several times a day.
6. Invisibility. My boys love the fact that in our experience, you can hardly see the aligners. It’s kinda like a super-power.
7. Eat whatever you want! Unlike traditional braces, you can eat anything you want with Invisalign. There is nothing to avoid, except of course what Mom says you can’t eat….. like ice cream for breakfast. “Just because you have Invisalign, young man, doesn’t mean you can ACTUALLY eat anything you want.” 😉
8. Know your numbers. Since the trays are numbered it’s easy to tell how much longer you have to go. It’s inspiration to keep changing them on the assigned day to keep up with the program. You always know exactly where you are in your treatment.
9. Being cool. My boys are so happy to do something their friends do, it makes them feel hip. Or is it cool? I don’t know the right word these days. When I was a teen it would have made me feel like totally tubular.
10. Brotherly Love. We have the special gift of 2 boys in treatment so they share this project. They help each other remember to change trays, they share tips, I will hear them say if we are going out, “Hey, don’t forget your retainer case!” and they seem to have developed a bond over the process. It been an unexpected surprise.
I hope you’ll look into Invisalign when it’s time for some teeth straightening at your house. It’s free to talk to an orthodontist and just see what you think!
If you have any questions, hop over to the Invisalign Facebook page and they’re great about answering!
Again, I am an Invisalign MAB member and one of my sons is receiving complimentary treatment. My opinions are completely my own and I only work with companies whose products I believe in. Click HERE to read the full disclosure statement.