You may not have noticed, but the teens years can be a little….well…..difficult.
It’s such a rough time in many ways. New feelings emerging, more responsibility, pimples, the mystery of the future….really. I wouldn’t want to go back to that.
In my house we give each other room to grow and learn and make mistakes. But also, we expect the kids to treat each other with kindness and love. It’s not always easy when hormones are raging.
First: Bible. Knowing God’s Word and what it says about how we should treat one another is numero uno in managing teen struggles. Just because you feel like punching something doesn’t mean you get to be rude to everyone.
Second: Pray. Praying with and for your teens is crucial. These years are fragile. Handle with prayer.
Third: Essential Oils. We use a variety of oils that we have found to really help when one of us is feeling off. Here are a few that we love with a capitol L.
1. Valor - My personal fave. It helps when you feel “off” and teenagers feel off a lot.
2. Peace & Calming – Need I say more?
3. Frankincense – This oil is great for skin! I mix it with jojoba oil and my teens use it on their face. And while we’re at it frankincense also relieves stress.
4. Lavender – Growing pains….this is what you need. Rub it right on their legs where the pain is and it will help them sleep.
5. Joy – Some days your poor teen can really struggle with a lack of joy. A little of this rubbed over their heart will help them feel better about life.
6. Peppermint – It just lifts your mood plus it’s great for bad breath. Sometimes teens have that. I’m not naming names, I’m just sayin’.
7. Dragon Time – OK I said it. There are certain days of the month when my daughters have more trouble than others. This oil blend is specifically made for those hormone filled days.
8. Melrose – Let’s face it, teens can occasionally smell bad. This oil is great for dispelling odors. But it’s such a good one because it also helps with mental fatigue and difficult emotions.
9. Common Sense – Yep, I keep this one close at hand. There are just some days when it feels like I need to make a room spray with it and just walk around spritzing it on people.
10. Brain Power – This one is more expensive, but you will love how well it helps your test taking, essay writing, fact memorizing teen focus.
The first 7 of these are included in the Premium Kit so if you have that you are armed for the job. The rest I collected over time. If you have friends with teens, you could split the cost of a bottle and dilute it like I show in this post. And be sure to teach your teens how and why to use the oils. They like having control over their choices and this is a great way to help them manage their own needs.
If you are interested in getting started with Young Living Oils just it’s so easy….just start HERE.