I can sum our weekend up in one word: satisfying.

On Friday we finished the bathroom makeover and what a relief to have the bathroom open for business again! Being on bathroom short for a week was cramping my style.

You can go here to see all of the pictures….it has been transformed from disgusting to darling.  So far the boys have actually kept it clean, although that could be credited to me following them around barking reminders about closing the lid and putting away their toothpaste.

On Saturday morning we had a family meeting to discuss everyone’s job for the day.  My guys were driving back from their week at school and I wanted the whole place to be spic and span for James’ homecoming.  I know how much I like a nice, clean house to come home to when I have been away, so I wanted the same for him.

We divided the chores and I decided that I would mow the yard.  I had already taken my morning walk and for some reason I was feeling especially tired.  But this was for my sweetie and nothing was going to stop me from making a big welcome home for him.  So I mowed, Noah cleaned the yard, Adam cleaned up the front eating area and porch, Elijah cleaned the back patio and decks, Faith cleaned his office and washed windows and the other girls cleaned the house.  I’m not kidding when I say we worked like crazy people.

After a couple of hours I passed the mowing off to Hope so I could do some work inside.  When I saw how cute she looked on the mower I knew I should have given her the job earlier.

At last the house and yard were perfect.  That meant one thing: NAPTIME.

Saturday evening after the boys were home we enjoyed some family togetherness.  We all listened to their tales of adventure and funny stories from their trip.  I just love listening to my boys talk.  That night I slept.  I never sleep better than when all my chicks are together.

Sunday was what I like to call a glorious nothing day.  It started when I got home from my walk.  It was so nice and cool so I decided to lie in my hammock before going inside.  Within 5 minutes…yep…I fell asleep.

I think I was out there for about an hour before one of the kids came to ask me if they could have some cereal.  Oops.  Sorry kids.  I guess you need food.

The rest of the day was spent sitting, reading, talking, sleeping, talking some more.  It was a little piece of heaven.

Speaking of reading, I just finished reading “Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health” and I was riveted by this book.  Let’s just say that I may have frightened my family by making them listen to me read excerpts all afternoon.  I think I saw Jacob cringe at least once when he realized that he may never eat another biscuit.  This book has opened my eyes.

Having been off of all wheat (or any grains) myself for the past couple of months has made such a difference in my life that reading this just confirmed what I already have discovered.  If I hadn’t made this change there was no way on Saturday I would have been able to take my morning walk then mow then clean and still be able to hang out with the family that night.

All in all I’d say it was a perfect weekend.  A whole day of work followed by a whole day of rest.  Doesn’t get much better than that.

Have a wonderful week!

This post contains affiliate links.


  1. Wow – what an amazing feeling to be energetic enough to accomplish so much! I love it when the house and yard are spic and span – it’s just so satisfying – even if it doesn’t last very long! Great job Lisa- I am so proud of all you have accomplished! ‘Wheat Belly’ is the reason I eliminated all grains on my liver cleanse and I am so happy I did! I’ve been wondering if wheat and other grains have been keeping me fat my whole life, but I guess I’ll never really know. What I do know is that while this cleanse is really hard, it is worth it because I too and feeling so much better! I am so very grateful to God for allowing me to enjoy better health!