It’s time for another list of 25 things. It’s my favorite because y’all know how I can’t stick to one train of thought for very long and here I don’t have to. Yeah!
1. This week I’m going to the SNAP conference in Utah. I will be gone for 5 days and I’m starting to panic.
2. All I can think about it how to fill my children’s days with activities and work so that they don’t get bored and burn the house down while I’m gone.
3. Yes, my husband will be here, but he’s planning to be asleep.
4. I pack everything, EVERYTHING, in Ziploc bags.
5. I am so glad I don’t live in a time before Ziploc bags were invented.
6. I remember when all we had were those fold over sandwich bags and I always wondered how that would keep my sandwich fresh.
7. My grandmother used to wrap sandwiches in foil (aka tin foil) and then she’d wrap a Coke in foil and even the chips would go into a foil pocket and off we’d go for a picnic.
8. My grandmother also used to put peanuts in the bottom of our Coke. She said it added protein.
9. I miss her.
10. Back to my trip….I don’t have a suitcase. I mean, I have one but it doesn’t have wheels and I’d have to carry it all around the airport.
11. I looked in the storage building and found one of James’ that I thought I’d borrow.
12. It looked pretty worn out so I asked him if I could spruce it up a little. He said yes.
13. When he saw it he asked if that stuff was removable so he could use it again.
15. I wouldn’t be myself if I didn’t girl up my suitcase with a monogram and ribbon.
16. Secretly he loves it.
17. For Father’s Day I may have to buy James a new suitcase.
18. I will be ready to go by tonight then spend tomorrow hanging out with the kids.
19. I bought the movie “Warhorse” for the older kids to watch while I’m gone.
20. I will never watch that movie without remembering when I saw it in the theater, fell and hurt my foot.
21. It took my foot a month to heal from that. I have got to stop falling down.
22. Nearing the end of this list I am feeling the pressure to say something interesting.
23. I made a bunch of new products this weekend and added them to my shop.
24. I know that’s not really interesting, but I couldn’t think of anything else to say.
25. I hope you all have an adventurous week!
P.S. My friend Shaunna has a wonderful 25 things beach list you will love!